Jennifer
Jennifer, School Psychologist
Experience:  Extensive experience fostering family relationships through consultation / counseling.
30853534

why is does my ex-girlfriend casually text me after she broke

why is does my ex-girlfriend casually text me after she broke up with me? she said she wasnt feeling the relationship anymore but when i asked her are we done for good she told me she didnt know. now after i went over to get my things and told her how i felt she starts texting me. does she miss me? aslo, i havent tried to contact her since i left her house. i told her i messed up and i love her. lastly whats should i do next? maybe contact her. i dont want her to think im over her by not contacting her. im just giving her space like she asked for.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Jennifer replied 7 years ago.
Hello and thanks for using Justanswer.com!

I'd suggest you talk to her. Explain to her that her actions are confusing to you -- Does she want space or doesn't she? Is she sure she wants things to end? Are you?? If not, what could you do to repair the relationship?

She's likely texting for a few reasons. It's hard to let go of someone completely when they've become a familiar part of your daily life. She could also be confused about what she wants. Either way, you'll need to ask to know for sure. Successful relationships are based upon trust, honesty, mutual respect and open communication. The more open you are in your communication with one another, the better.

Don't have this conversation by text or e-mail -- so much of communication is non-verbal (tone, body language) and the last thing you want is to miss what she's trying to say or have what you're saying be mis-interpreted. Try to have this conversation in person. I wish you the best of luck!