Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Counselor
Experience:  PHD LPC

I am in the Marine Corp and im in Afghanistan, I have been

I am in the Marine Corp and im in Afghanistan, I have been married for abouot ten years and we have three children. About a month ago my wife told me that she is not in love with me anymore, we have been talking throughout the month and it seemed as it was going better so I thought. Today I found out that she had planed to move back to her mothers house in April, we talked about it for about an hour and she said that she would think about the move more. What do I do or what do I say?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Dr. Keane replied 4 years ago.
Depending on when you are returning from Afghanistan you might want to ask her to not do anything until you have a chance to get some marriage counseling. Unfortunately the stress of this war is taking it's toll on marriages with situations such as yours. You deserve to try and keep the marriage in tact, you have three children to think about and it's hard enough having you serving in the Marines and not home. I would use that approach, it's not about "us" anymore, we have three children to think about and we both deserve to have the chance to make it work. Counseling when you come back and maybe she should get some while you are away. Try that...and thanks for doing what you do, it's a difficult job Semper Fi
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

She is dead set on having the kids enrolled in school in maryland befor the end of this school year,what can I say or do to postpone this?

Expert:  Dr. Keane replied 4 years ago.
Hi, Is it because she needs some help (her mom) with them or the school system? What is her reason for being so intent on this.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I dont know, She is e-mailing me as we speak.
Expert:  Dr. Keane replied 4 years ago.
I have to go offline so respond to me when you are finished and I'll write back later tonight.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I dont know why she wants to have them enrolled right then. She is telling me that its too late to try to fix things and I keep telling her that its never too late. I just dont know what to say to her for her not to leave.
Expert:  Dr. Keane replied 4 years ago.
I think that the only thing you can do at this point is ask her to wait until you return home. Tell her even if it can't be fixed that you owe it to each other to do this the right way, and that is when you are back home. She may be overwhelmed raising the children alone while you are gone and knows that being with her mother will give her a much needed break from the everyday. If she is determined to move there is nothing you can say that will make her stay, especially if she sees relief in sight from the pressures of being with the children 24/7.
Dr. Keane, Counselor
Experience: PHD LPC
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank you Dr. Keane