Angela, Counselor
Experience:  n/a

My boyfriend and I have been together for 8 years now. We

My boyfriend and I have been together for 8 years now. We have been living together for 1 year and I feel like he doesn't care about having sex anymore. I always have to be the one who initiates sex, and this is really starting to make me feel bad. I don't think he is attracted to me anymore and I don't know what to do. I know he loves me, and I am afraid to talk to him about it because I feel I will turn it into an issue. Help.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Angela replied 6 years ago.
Hello Melinda,
I understand your concerns. Please know that the issue already does exist with you, therefore, talking to your boyfriend will not make it an issue for him; it either is an issue for him or it is not an issue for him having nothing to do with talking about it. However, talking about it may actually help to resolve it. You have been with your boyfriend for 8 years and that's great; you both have time and energy vested in this relationship. It is not uncommon for sexual changes to occur in long term relationships which is all the more reason to talk about your concerns. Therefore, please have a honest conversation with your boyfriend about your concerns and let him share with you how he feels and both of you should discuss options that you are both comfortable with that will enable you to move past your concerns. It is vital for relationships to have honest communication in order to understand and to work through issues as well as for the relationship to continue to grow.`