Angela
Angela, Counselor
Experience:  n/a
25365872

I in a relationship that want get out of but he have a woman

I in a relationship that want get out of but he have a woman on the side should leave it a lone go on my merry way or should i stay and see what come outof it because we have a child and i want to go but hewant me and cild to around him.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Angela replied 7 years ago.
Hello L,
The fact that you have a child together should not be the main reason for staying in this relationship especially since your child will pick up on any tension and distress between you and the father which could cause the child emotional damage (for example: he could blame himself for the problems of his parents and etc.). Also, I think it sounds like you know that you want to move on, therefore, do not short change yourself by staying because he wants you to. You could consider staying, if you want to provided that he stops seeing the other woman on the side. If he does not stop seeing her, then you should go with your initial desire to leave because to stay would continue to cause you and your child mental and emotional distress and pain.