Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Counselor
Experience:  PHD LPC
14832673

my girlfreind and i broke up in december the reason we broke

my girlfreind and i broke up in december the reason we broke up is she said she didnt want to be in a relationship at the momment she said she still thinks that i am amzing and that she has not taken off the neckles i gave her off and she also says that she knows am diffrent from her past relationships i got a text off her the other day saying she has not fallen out with me she just needs more time to be alone. any advice would be really helpful
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Dr. Keane replied 6 years ago.
Hi, as long as she is being truthful with you and staying in touch, the best advice would be to talk about the future and how you are looking forward to it with her in your life. I wouldn't wait forever but it sounds as though her prior relationships weren't good. If she has issues with trust that may be preventing her from wanting another relationship. She may be afraid of her feelings and doesn't want to get hurt again. So, reassurance from you that you are trustworthy and honest would help. It is now March, talk to her about that and tell her you want to be truthful and that 3+ months is pretty long. You have to decide and then tell her how long you will wait. Not fair to you to be in this limbo either.
Please click accept and leave feedback.