Angela, Counselor
Experience:  n/a

I was in a relationship for 5 years. We lived together during

Customer Question

I was in a relationship for 5 years. We lived together during the 5 years. After a year and half we were engaged. We never married. We just kept putting it off since we already lived together I guess. Anyways, one day he comes home and tells me he is moving back to where his boys are. They live only an hour and a half away. He left within a week of telling me. He knew I would never move there. There is nothing to offer there for more boys. I want better for mine. It has been 7 months with a visit here and there from him. He logged onto my wirless account and found that I had been chatting and texting a male friend from my church. He went crazy and now wants me to text every hour, I MUST saty in contact with him at all times. I am no longer allowed to talk to my friend becasue he feels that my friend wants more than friendship from me which he is correct but I DON'T want anything. I thought I was in love with him but the longer we are away the easier it gets.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Angela replied 6 years ago.
Hello M,
It sounds like you may be realizing that you are no longer in love with this man which would not be a surprise based upon how he moved away without consulting you as well as over reacting to text messages by trying to control you. Please know that the controlling behavior he is exhibiting is not healthy and if you choose to continue in this relationship with him, it will more than likely only get worse. Since it is getting easier for you not to be with this guy, once you are sure that this is what you want, then you should let him know and free yourself of this relationship. However, in the mean time, you should talk to him about his controlling behavior and honestly tell him how you feel about it and see if you are both able to work through it.