Jennifer, School Psychologist
Experience:  Extensive experience fostering family relationships through consultation / counseling.

i have mental health problems and things with my boyfriend

Customer Question

i have mental health problems and things with my boyfriend were amazing untill i moved in and in a matter of weeks things got bad and so did my mental health he feels we should finish as his adult children are not happy how do i stop this
Gender: Female
Age: 21
Already Tried:
trying to get back to normal but my partner is finding it difficult as his kids are not happy i keep trying to get him to see if we can get things sorted to support my mental health as i moved over to england to be with him and have no support really and we can work to get us happy again and get past the past two bad weeks then his kids will feel bit better and see hes happy again and myself as were really good together before we moved in together ... i need help to save us as i love him and i know he loves me i just dont know what to do as im afrad anything i do will push him away
my boyfriend is 44, i moved from northern ireland in belfast to here. his eldest does not live with us.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Jennifer replied 6 years ago.
Hello and thanks for using!

If you have not already done so, I'd recommend you seek some guidance from a counselor and invite your boyfriend to attend with you. Counseling is a safe place for couples share their feelings and he may have a better understanding of your mental health problems and how to work through them together if that guidance comes from a third party. Is he wanting to mend the relationship or end things entirely? Ultimately, that will be the deciding factor. Although you may want to resolve whatever issues have come up, you both need to want to improve the relationship in order for it to work. Be honest with him about your feelings for him. You've uprooted your life for him, so my hope is that he's at least willing to devote some time and effort to seeing if things can possibly work out. You deserve someone who is willing to make you and your relationship together a priority.