Jennifer
Jennifer, School Psychologist
Experience:  Extensive experience fostering family relationships through consultation / counseling.
30853534

im in a new relationship of 9 weeks, i realy like the guy,

Customer Question

im in a new relationship of 9 weeks, i realy like the guy, how do you know when you love someone?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Jennifer replied 6 years ago.
Hello and thanks for using Justanswer.com!

I think the answer to your question is a highly personal one that varies person to person. For some people they know they're in love when they find themselves thinking about that person all of the time and want to make that person feel as good as they make them feel. Some swear by an instant attraction that goes beyond physical desires and others feel that love grows over time.

Scholars say that love consists of commitment, intimacy, and passion. However, bear in mind that each of those things could mean slightly different things to different people!

Here's a link to a few tell-tale signs based on physical reactions and behaviors that could be interpreted as signs that you're in love...

http://dating.about.com/od/intimacy/tp/amiinlove.htm

I hope that helps!