Angela
Angela, Counselor
Experience:  n/a
25365872

Started seeing a married woman (I know bad, bad, bad me) and

Started seeing a married woman (I know: bad, bad, bad me) and I feel angry and bitter when I think of her getting intimate with her husband. What can I do?
Hello J,
Due to the nature of your situation along with the fact that you obviously care about this woman, there is nothing that you can do to make the natural feelings of anger and bitterness go away while you are involved with this situation. I see you have broken it off before and naturally it bothered you because you still care about the woman even if the relationship is broken off. The best thing to do to get beyond the bitterness and anger about her with her husband is to break it off again and to leave it broken off because in time the feelings of anger and bitterness will dissipate over time as long as you remain broken off. However, if you continue the relationship, then you will continue to experience these types of emotions. Therefore, if you choose to continue the relationship, the best way to deal with the emotions is to continue to share them with the woman and to discuss them with her. Do not ignore them but acknowledge them and acknowledge how you feel and accept these emotions then meditate from a place of acceptance of the emotions to move past them. Repeat the above steps each time the emotions occur and continue to deal with them in this healthy manner versus ignoring them and not acknowledging them.