Angela
Angela, Counselor
Experience:  n/a
25365872

What can I do if the person Im with now is more committed

What can I do if the person I'm with now is more committed than I am, she also sees us having children.

While I am fumbling with the idea of ever having kids, and am growing further from her because the idea scares the crap out of me.

Things just seem to move quicker and faster than I can keep up with.

I am worried about the repercussions if we break up because her family works with my dad.

It is affecting my desire for her, our closeness, the way I view her.
I am almost always tired now, I feel paranoid about my actions, and awfull about my desires to be alone.
Hello Drum,
The best way to have peace about this situation is to have an honest conversation with her. Schedule a time with your girlfriend when the two of you can speak to one another in a calm, peaceful, and non-distracting environment. Choose a place to talk that you know makes you both feel peaceful and mellow. During this uninterrupted time, calmly explain to her all of the concerns that you just shared with me. Listen to her responses and then respond to her from your heart in a respectful and loving manner as you continue the dialog and discuss how you can both move past the concerns that you both have. Communication and honesty are vital for relationships to continue in a healthy and positive manner. As a result, both of you need to feel comfortable and safe in sharing with one another and both of you need to be willing to discuss and work on your concerns.