Dr Rossi
Dr Rossi, Licensed Psychotherapist
Experience:  Certified Hypnotherapist, Author, 13+years of experience.

I have been married for 3 1/2 years. I love my husband dearly

I have been married for 3 1/2 years. I love my husband dearly but we are growing apart. I desperately want his attention and affection. I told him that we are growing apart, that there is nothing special about our marriage anymore. He never snuggles with me anymore or gives spontaneous hugs or kisses or even wants intimate time lately. I think we have had sex once in 2 months. I keep trying to initiate something but hes not interested. He says he is busy....I'm sorry but is programming a remote more important than spending intimate time with your wife? I asked him if he could remember the last time he said :I love you Carol, before I said I loved him first....we couldn't remember's been a very long time. I am struggling with this.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Dr Rossi replied 6 years ago.

Good Afternoon,

Relationships pass through different stages. Initially there is the infatuation or the in love stage when partners learn about each other, explore new things both sexually and withing the relationship (they may be sexually intimate more often)

With time, the partners become used to each other, do not try to impress one another, feel a sense of security/complacence, etc) This stage may be causing boredom.

To have a romantic relationship all of the time is not realistic but to have romance in the relationship is needed. Spontaneity plays a big role into it, communication and compromise.

If his behavior is bothersome to you, address it seriously (sit him down and tell him specifically how it is affecting you. Guys do not think too much about it and unless brought to their attention may ignore the situation. Think of things to do to rekindle the spark.