Dr.G., Psychologist
Experience:  Licensed Psychologist in the state of Minnesota

hi, i have been with my boyfriend for 2 yrs now and have no

hi, i have been with my boyfriend for 2 yrs now and have no doubt that we love each other very much. i was out the other night without him and was introduced to someone who knows him and he told me that my boyfriend was gay, i thort nothing of it at the time but now i can remember looking at photos of him wit his sister and she laughed at 1 and said he had a bit of a gay moment and yesterday i saw a group photo of his fam and friends and the way he had his arms around a guy in the pic wit him looks a little to close. we have a very affectionate relationship but it does lack passion on his part when it comes to the bedroom, we have spoke about it before and he just said that he has never been a real sexual, passionate guy. ive accepted this as our sexual life is still very good but now im starting to worry if it could all be because he gay?? i want to talk to him about it but obviously it isnt something u just come out and ask . how can i speak to him about it without ruining wat we hav
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Dr.G. replied 6 years ago.
If you are as close as you say you are then just bring up your concerns to him. It never hurts to clarify things. Let him know the things that you have been told and that you saw and let him explain himself. My guess is that he is straight and if he tells you this then believe him. There is nothing wrong with open honest communication. Just tell him how you feel. If you are close then it will not ruin anything.