Anna, Social Worker
Experience:  29 years experience in addictions & mental health. I'll tell you my honest opinion.

Hi, I am really interested in this guy and he has acted

I am really interested in this guy and he has acted in ways that make me think that he is interested in me as well, including staring at me, acting all nervous around me etc. I had to give back some books to him and I asked him how he would like me to return them. He suggested going for a coffee and emailed me saying we should try another place and meet at the usual time. He was very sweet, his pupils were definitely dilated and he smiles at me and laughs at my jokes. When I said the parking had run out after 2 hours and we could either leave or I'd have to put more money in he suggested another half hour, but we stayed for another 45 minutes. He said nice talking to you and we'll talk. I shared with him today that I was divorced and had two kids. He just asked if they lived with their father. Why has he not asked me out and is it likely that he will sometime? Should I just keep showing him that I am interested without coming on too strongor is there a better advice?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Anna replied 6 years ago.

I think the path & pace you're on is a good one. It sounds to me like the guy is really uncomfortable initiating things, so in a couple days I'd ask him out for coffee again. You can do it through email, that way he's not on the spot. Say something like, "I enjoyed our coffee the other day- would you like to do that again?" That isn't coming on too strong at all.

If you would, please fill out the feedback form after accepting. I appreciate this opportunity to help you out today. If I can be of further service to you, just put "for Anna" in the front of your new question, and I'll be the one to answer it.