Angela, Counselor
Experience:  n/a

Help my boyfriend is introverted and im extroverted he just

Help my boyfriend is introverted and i'm extroverted he just told me he wants to be alone not with anyone how can i get him to change his mind
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Angela replied 6 years ago.
Hello Tinkerbell,
Schedule a time with your boyfriend when the two of you can speak to one another in a calm, peaceful, and non-distracting environment. Choose a place to talk which makes you both feel peaceful and mellow. During this uninterrupted time begin the conversation by telling your boyfriend that you care about him and do not want your relationship to end. Continue the dialog and calmly ask your boyfriend why he no longer wants to be in the relationship?, be sure to do it in a calm and patient manner and not in a blaming or upset manner. The goal is to create a relaxing environment so that both of you can honestly and comfortably share with one another especially since your boyfriend is introverted. In order for both of you to move past the issues and concerns, both of you must be willing to talk about them and then decide how to move forward. Communication and honesty are vital for relationships to continue in a healthy and positive manner. As a result, both of you need to feel comfortable and safe in sharing with one another and both of you need to be willing to discuss and work on your concerns. You can't force your boyfriend to do anything so my hope is that if you try talking to him in the manner I described above that he will open up to you and hopefully share with you what has brought the desire to no longer be in a relationship and hopefully you can both stay in your relationship.