Angela
Angela, Counselor
Experience:  n/a
25365872

I have a lot of problems with my boyfriend. I think its my

I have a lot of problems with my boyfriend. I think it's my fault and I want to know what I'm doing wrong and what I should be doing to make things better because I love him very much.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Angela replied 7 years ago.
Hello Kate,
Relationships take two people to make them work, so the problems you are having can't be all of your fault. It is normal to feel sad when you cannot be with your boyfriend, it simply means that you are human. However, you want to make sure that you handle your sadness in a healthy manner by discussing it with him. It is better that you share your emotions with your boyfriend but it is important to do so in a calm manner in order to make your boyfriend feel comfortable in discussing your concerns with him. The next time you talk to him share how you feel with him in a calm manner and allow him to share back with you (-if you go crazy this would just make him less willing to talk). As you calmly tell your boyfriend again how much you love him and miss him, discuss with him and plan what special activities you will do when you spend time together twice a month. Also, when you speak to your boyfriend or see him in person, spend the majority of your time focusing on the positive things that you both have in common. It's fine to discuss what makes you sad such as missing him, but be careful to spend the majority of your time focusing on the positive aspects of your relationship. This will also help your relationship to continue to grow in a healthy manner.