Angela
Angela, Counselor
Experience:  n/a
25365872

My girlfriend broke up with me because she thinks I am a compulsive

My girlfriend broke up with me because she thinks I am a compulsive liar.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Angela replied 7 years ago.
Hello Dez,
I understand what you have written, what would you like to know?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I want to know if I will ever re earn the trust of my ex. She is in very limited contact with me and sends delayed messages to me days after I send one.
Expert:  Angela replied 7 years ago.
Hello Dez,
Contact your ex however you can and let her know that you would just like to see her to discuss something really important. Then schedule a time with your ex when the two of you can speak to one another in a calm, peaceful, and non-distracting environment. Choose a place to talk that you know makes you both feel peaceful and mellow. During this uninterrupted time, calmly explain to your ex that you want to build her trust in you again and that you want to discuss ways with her that you can do this. Tell her that you are sorry for breaking her trust in you and that you didn't want to hurt her or upset her. Listen to her responses and then respond to her from your heart in a respectful and loving manner as you continue the dialog. Communication and honesty are vital for relationships to continue in a healthy and positive manner. As a result, both of you need to feel comfortable and safe in sharing with one another and both of you need to be willing to discuss and work on your concerns. So after you try this method of talking to her, my hope is that you will both have discussed ways that you can earn her trust back. It takes two to make a relationship work and she must be willing to give you another chance.