Angela, Counselor
Experience:  n/a

I have been attending Al-Anon meetings but most of the group

I have been attending Al-Anon meetings but most of the group are with active alcoholics - not recovering. How can I stay in this relationship without becoming a therapist, a nurse or his mother???
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Angela replied 6 years ago.
Hello Senah,
I see that this question is related to your other question. My answer to your other question touched on this. In addition to what I wrote in response to your initial question, if you choose to stay, you could also discuss with him that you would like for him to attend counseling sessions on a regular basis in order for you to be able to stay in your relationship. Please let me know if you have any questions about either of my answers. Also, a book I recommended to my clients dealing with the same situation, which they found helpful, can be found by clicking here: