Angela, Counselor
Experience:  n/a

my wife has an unhealthy relationship with a friend. For 10

my wife has an unhealthy relationship with a friend. For 10 years it has been obsessive and I has her spouse have been replaced emotionally. I have talked to her about this the last month, but it seems like almost every day an issue comes up with her and her friend and she is asking me if I approve of her friend and her seeing each other, her friend coming to our kids basketball game,etc. How should I respond to my wife about these situatioins. She is seeing a therapist and hopefully over time, things will improve. However, right now I don't know how to respond to her in these situations
Hello Ken,
I think that you should continue to be honest with your wife about how you feel about here friend and that you also feel emotionally replaced. Also, it is great that your wife is in therapy and perhaps you could go with her to some of her sessions and discuss your concerns with her friend. I think this would be a good idea because your wife is already in therapy and more than likely she will be willing to have you come along to discuss this particular issue.