Dr Rossi
Dr Rossi, Licensed Psychotherapist
Experience:  Certified Hypnotherapist, Author, 13+years of experience.

Hi, Im a 30 year old female in a relationship with a kind

Hi, I'm a 30 year old female in a relationship with a kind loving guy for the past year and three months. My boyfriend recently has had his working week reduced to a four day week. He's struggling to pay a huge mortgage on his apartment and has to find work for to make up for the days pay that he'll be missing. His good friend who is an entrepenuer with a few successful businesses under his belt has asked my boyfriend to set up a new venture with him. My only problem with this is that it is going to be a dating website. My boyfriend will be attending launches, parties advertising for all these singles nights. He also be screening all potential girls to join this dating site. I feel very insecure about him doing so. We live quite a distance from each other and really only see each other for a day or two a week. I'm dreading him being so heavily involved in this venture but don't know how to say it to him, or maybe say nothing at all and try ignore my insecurities? Help!
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Dr Rossi replied 6 years ago.

Good Evening,

You have been with him for a while. If this is something bothering him just point out to him your concern. You do have a right to voice it.

Of course, at the beginning it is only a concern (and not a fear or stress wrecking occurrence), since he had not done anything as far as you know to break your trust.

If you seem too clingy or suspicious he may get frustrated. So, just calmly ask him how he would feel if the roles were reserved. If he says he trusts you and knows you'd do the right thing, then give him the same option. Until you see something more serious coming out of this whole thing, just treat it for what it is for now- a business venture.