Angela
Angela, Counselor
Experience:  n/a
25365872

two times in a week and a half, my husband came home high on

two times in a week and a half, my husband came home high on pcp. he lied to me about it at first, but then admitted it when he knew i wasn't stupid enough to believe him. He of course, promises me it will never happen again. and his family is the most important thing to him.
I don't know what to do. I'm 30 years old with three kids aged 10, 2, and 3mnths
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Angela replied 6 years ago.
HelloCustomer
It is a good sign that your husband admitted his drug use regardless of why he admitted it. Often times people deny drug use even if they know that the other person is aware of their drug use. I would recommend asking your husband if he would like to go to counseling with you for obvious reasons. If he does not, then you could also try going to a support group together. Many support groups are free. You could look in your phone book and online for local support groups. Once you husband is willing to work on his drug issues then that is winning half of the battle.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
He won't go to counseling because he says it will never happen again. He says he knows he screwed up and made a big mistake. but promises it will never happen again. I don't not believe him. and i don't know if i can ever trust him again
Expert:  Angela replied 6 years ago.
HelloCustomer
Your instincts are right as statistics show that most people who use drugs once will do so again. Unfortunately, until he is willing to work on this there is not much you can do because you cannot force him. I understand that he will not go to counseling, but would he go to a support group which is different from counseling because it is contains drug users who relate to one another differently than a counseling session would. Since you can't force him to do anything and if he won't go to a support group, then you have a decision to make. Decide now what you will tell him in the event that he uses drugs again and decide what actions you will take it he uses drugs again. Decide carefully and you must make sure that whatever you tell him that you follow through with it if he should use drugs again. You only have control over what you do so now you need to get a plan of action in place and make him aware of it in case he uses drugs again. For example: will you leave him if he does it again? Will you seek to have him removed from the house? You have to decide what you will do, but remember your priority is to protect yourself and your kids (-especially since you cannot force him to do anything, he has to want to be responsible and accountable).