Dr.G., Psychologist
Experience:  Licensed Psychologist in the state of Minnesota

I have been dating this woman for a couple of weeks now who

I have been dating this woman for a couple of weeks now who is currently in the process of a divorce. She has not been living with him for 8 months. It should be finalized in two months if it goes uncontested. She has 3 children who are teenagers which i dont mind. I am a little hesitant to get very involved because of her status but I really like her. My question is how many times a week should I expect to see a single mother and once the divorce is finalized should I expect to see her more? Also will there ever be some sort of routine?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Dr.G. replied 6 years ago.
My guess is that she has her hands full with the children so I would say hanging out on the weekends is probably the best way to go with occassional phone calls during the week. Especially if you don't know if you want to jump into this relationship all at once. So take it slow and as things progress with court and the divorce then you can increase the time with her; if she is willing. And yes there can be a routine if you and her agree on one.