Dr.G., Psychologist
Experience:  Licensed Psychologist in the state of Minnesota

I have a wonderful male friend we are both in our early 50s

I have a wonderful male friend we are both in our early 50's and recently become very close, he is the type person who checks on me daily to see how I am, fixes things in my house, shovels snow from my steps for my safety without being asked, calls all the time. Loves my cooking says loves my company and talking with me. This man is so sweet,caring and loving towards me, it's hard to see if it could go anywhere. He says you don't have relationships with those who are neighbors, co-workers etc but evey indication here lately shows he is getting closer to me. I wrote him a letter about us and he came in to the kitchen with big tears in his eyes and hugged me like a man would that is falling in love with you and asked why he was crying and he said he was just so touched, he kisses me on the cheek all the time. We confide in one another, argue then both can say we are sorry easily. He loves to give me a hard time, make me laugh and says he loves to spend time with me. any hope for more
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Dr.G. replied 6 years ago.
I think there is definitely a connection between the two of you and that there can be more. It seems that you want more but where does he stand? I think the letter was a good ice breaker but now it is time to take the next step and sit down and talk about your feelings with him. It is scarey, I know, but it needs to be done in order to see if you guys can take it to the next level. All signs point to it heading in that direction but it might take you making the first move to make that happen. Good luck.