Dr.G., Psychologist
Experience:  Licensed Psychologist in the state of Minnesota

My wife wants to have a girls night out and I am scared to

My wife wants to have a girls night out and I am scared to say yes ? She has never been unfaithful nor given me any reason not to trust her yet I am scared.
So there you go throwing the facts out the window and letting your imagination run wild. This is a no no. In a situation like this you have to look at all the facts and make a judgment based on facts and not some made up thought you have. Basically what you are saying is that I know 2+2=4 but somehow I am going to make it equal 5. You just through reality out the window and chose to believe something that is not true. Let her go and accept that she can have fun with the girls and she will come right back to you. Besides, it is not your place to tell her if she can or can't go. If she wants to go then she needs to go.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Fair enough and very direct response. Thank you I truly appreciate it.

I obviously need to work on having some better self confidence, I am out of shape and trying hard to get back to "look better" I guess that could be the major reason for being insecure.