Dr.G., Psychologist
Experience:  Licensed Psychologist in the state of Minnesota

We have been in counceling for over a year. Since the new year

Customer Question

We have been in counceling for over a year. Since the new year he wants a divorce and has only recently told me he is not in love with me anymore. We have been married 5 years, my 2nd, his 1st and I have 2 kids 25 & 16. We tried to have kids but i started to get sick (5 surgeries) and my age crept up to me (49) For the last 2 years, I have been in denial of depression and am now on medication. I feel better then ever and I have changed. I feel happier and more loving towards my family. He told me I was a monster and the family didn't know who to handle me. I have read all the books and changed and he notices it but still treats me like a roomate or a sister. (which are his words) I have apoligized for my part and forgiven him for his part. I have not worked in 3 years although I have tried to get a job which is a huge problem to him. We are not starving and get buy pretty good. Nowadays we talk laugh and get along so well that i am confused. I don't know what to do. Lisa
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Dr.G. replied 6 years ago.
I am confused too but the reason we are confused is because we do not know what his intentions are. Does he want to stay or go? Does he want to work it out? Is there more you or him can do to make things better? Can his mind be changed? All these questions are things you should be asking him. It is great that you made changes and you feel better about yourself but maybe his mind is made up and there is no changing it. I don;t know if counseling was working or not but if you two cannot sit down and have this meaningful conversation about the status of your relationship and future plans then maybe counseling is the place to do it. In either case, this discussion needs to happen so that you can make your next move (i.e. move on without him or work things out). Get clarification from him, no vague answers, and then make your next move. Good luck.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I don't think you have helped me, thanks anyway
Expert:  Dr.G. replied 6 years ago.
What more are you looking for? I might be able to help.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I don't know how, let's just forget it.
Expert:  Dr.G. replied 6 years ago.
Don't give up. I will opt out of this question and let someone else try.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
just refund me okay