TherapistMaryAnn
TherapistMaryAnn, Counselor
Experience:  Over 20 years experience specializing in anxiety, depression, drug and alcohol, and relationship issues
54658078

for Anna Thank you for answering my question, and now I have

Customer Question

for Anna
Thank you for answering my question, and now I have another one. She is a drinker and a self proclaimed drug addict, everything from pills to meth and so on. Things seem to be going good with us whenever she is able to get some sort of fix, usually a drink or some pills, but when she isn't able to get anything for a few days or so thats when I seem to notice a change in her attitude towards me and our relationship. Thats not normal, right?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Anna replied 6 years ago.

Hey Meat,

I think I found this question on the other list, so don't accept. I'm just placing it here in case you miss that one.

Hi Meat,

It is normal for a drug addict in withdrawal....their thinking gets all twisted and focused only on getting the next high. When she doesn't have enough drug/alcohol in her system to ward off the withdrawal, then you're going to see the negative side of her that lashes out and doesn't respect your relationship. When an addict has their drugs, they feel "right", and that all is well.

If she goes a day or two without any or enough substances, you're going to see a very intense person, who may be very different from the girl you know who is happy on her drugs.

Anna
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Ok, could you let me know how to get this question off here so i can get the deposit back and possibly ask another one.
Expert:  Anna replied 6 years ago.

Hmmm I don't know. Let me try and contact customer service and see if they can walk you through it.

Anna
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Again, thank you. You have been very helpful for me today.