Anna
Anna, Social Worker
Experience:  29 years experience in addictions & mental health. I'll tell you my honest opinion.
20023641

Thank you for answering my question, and now I have another

Thank you for answering my question, and now I have another one. She is a drinker and a self proclaimed drug addict, everything from pills to meth and so on. Things seem to be going good with us whenever she is able to get some sort of fix, usually a drink or some pills, but when she isn't able to get anything for a few days or so thats when I seem to notice a change in her attitude towards me and our relationship. Thats not normal, right?
is this question for a certain therapist? If not then I need a little more background information about the problem?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Sorry, but yes it was. I thought I had sent it to her while she was still online.
Hi, you were working with Anne, I'll send her a message and she will get back to you as soon as she is back online. Next time you need her, put her name in the question, she'll answer...

Edited by Dr. Keane on 2/1/2010 at 4:18 PM EST
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thank you.

Hi Meat,

It is normal for a drug addict in withdrawal....their thinking gets all twisted and focused only on getting the next high. When she doesn't have enough drug/alcohol in her system to ward off the withdrawal, then you're going to see the negative side of her that lashes out and doesn't respect your relationship. When an addict has their drugs, they feel "right", and that all is well.

If she goes a day or two without any or enough substances, you're going to see a very intense person, who may be very different from the girl you know who is happy on her drugs.

Anna
Anna, Social Worker
Experience: 29 years experience in addictions & mental health. I'll tell you my honest opinion.