Anna, Social Worker
Experience:  29 years experience in addictions & mental health. I'll tell you my honest opinion.

Good EVening Im a 49 yr.old F. married..grown children(moved

Customer Question

Good EVening: I'm a 49 yr.old F. married..grown children(moved out)...I've been married 22 yrs. and my husband and I have absolutely NO SEX life. Not sure..but over 10 years since we did anything (whatever that may have been). I was never a real "big" fan of sex. but now my mind and body are telling me ..that I want something....A HUG or A Pat on the Shoulder...maybe a Complement. ..Example: back in 1998, we when to a "Ball"...I took the time found a beautiful fulll lenght Black Evening Gown. Got my Hair/nails done..I thought I looked pretty darn Good. Nothing from my husband. I was very Hurt.
Don't get me wrong...he is a Very Good Man. Our life is kinda lived in a Glass Bowl - due to his work. ....anyways...please HELP ME!!! ...he doesn't want to even get close to me anymore...and I don't want to never to HUG again. .............Customer
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Dr. Keane replied 6 years ago.
Hi and welcome,

It sounds as though you and your husband would benefit from therapy to explore what has happened to the intimacy. Although many marriages are sexless by choice the human need for touch is powerful, whether it be a hug or a touch. It sounds like as good a person as he is, he emotionally disconnected from you ten years ago. Have you tried to hug him? Have you asked him for a hug? This sound like it is more than an issue with sex, it more about connecting and communicating. Marriage counseling will help you understand where things went awry and offer you some tools to hopefully get your marriage back on track.
Please click accept and leave feedback. Thank you.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Relist: Answer quality.
Expert:  Anna replied 6 years ago.

I can't think of anything more to add to Dr. Keane's assessment and recommendation. Something is blocking the physical communication and connection between you and your husband.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

i'm sorry for taking your time. But I am not accepting these responds.

no one every wants to say more than they have to you will keep asking and keeping paying.

Expert:  Anna replied 6 years ago.

Hey Lg,
The best part of Just Answers is that you don't ever pay for answers that you don't like. It's an open market for both the experts and the customers. Your bid of $9.31 for an answer is the complete doesn't go on and cost more. You look at the answer and if you don't like it, you don't pay. Each question is separate for both sides. Its a great system for the customer to see what you get before you pay, and then YOU decide if it's worth the $9.31 you offered. No reason to be sorry.