Dr Rossi
Dr Rossi, Licensed Psychotherapist
Experience:  Certified Hypnotherapist, Author, 13+years of experience.

I was dumped big-time from a 7 yr. relationship 2 months ago.

I was dumped big-time from a 7 yr. relationship 2 months ago. I have cut all contact with my ex however he has tried several times to make contact. I have also sent him a letter of closure recently with the appearance that I have moved on and everything in my life is grand. I have also made it clear that I cannot be friends at this point because he started a relationship 1 wk prior to us breaking up. IT was super hurtful (you know the drill) I am not completely over him and am not dating (he thinks otherwise). After the letter and a short conversation chastising him because he was making contact (disrupting my healing) He has become very cold and distant he has emailed only twice to say I have mail in wich the latest resulted in him sending my mail to my office. (fine with that) However, silly me I am now wondering ok is he acting like he doesnt want me anywhere near?, is he respecting my wishes? or is he pouting? I will admitt I want it to be difficult for him. how do i read this?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Dr Rossi replied 6 years ago.

Good Evening,

You know him best. To figure out what the motivation behind his behavior is (think of another time when you had expressed a wish of similar nature and what his response had been)

It is quite possible that his male ego had gotten bruised and now he is giving you the silent treatment. Either way, take it as a blessing in disguise because he hurt you already and you do not need any more of that. Continue to take care of yourself and don't even wonder why he is doing this (because you wondering about it is not too healthy- you're still thinking about him after all) Show him that you're stronger or even more stubborn than him and cut the contact off for good. He had his change with you and missed it.