Dr.G., Psychologist
Experience:  Licensed Psychologist in the state of Minnesota

Im having a really hard time dealing with people at work.

I'm having a really hard time dealing with people at work. I've been around some of these guys for about 1-5 years and I've found myself calling into work because I just can't put up with these people. I don't know if its because there so negative or because they all talk behind peoples back or because they can be straight up ass holes to some people. I just don't get why I started to dread going to work and having to deal with the people there.
BotXXXXX XXXXXne is that it sounds like it might be time for a change of scenery. I don't know if you have tried talking to these people or your boss but that might be your first step. Otherwise, if you feel it is hopeless then you might need to get out and find something else. If you continue down this path then1) you will be reprimanded for missing too much work, 2) your attitude will change like theirs because of your misery, and 3) you will get stressed out, depressed, and possible develop an anger problem. If possible leave your work. If not possible then you might consider accepting people for the way they are and not let them get the best of you. Maybe avoiding them might be the way to go. Good luck.