Anna
Anna, Social Worker
Experience:  29 years experience in addictions & mental health. I'll tell you my honest opinion.
20023641

My husband has a foot fetish. In our 15th year anniversary

Customer Question

My husband has a foot fetish. In our 15th year anniversary he was having an affair meeting a woman in hotel every 3-4 months who shared a tickling fethish. They did not have sex he says. It's 3 years later and we have not had sex for a year and are on the brink of ending our marriage. Sometiems day to day it feels so normal. He has not worked for most of our 16 married years so I think he's afraid to start a new life. What do I do?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Anna replied 7 years ago.

Hi elphaba,
Anything can feel normal in the day to day living of it: it's how humans survive trauma, oppression and abuse. I'm always amazed by this. But - your situation isn't normal and you're unhappy. It sounds like he's separated his sexual intimacy into a compartment and you're not going to get in. As a last ditch effort, I'd have you both evaluated for depression by a doctor, make an attempt at marriage counseling, and if that didn't work, use the counseling sessions to negotiate your divorce terms. Many people do this, and it helps to end things on a better note.

You deserve a life and a partner who can cherish you for who you are - nothing less than that is acceptable. You've been worn down by all of this, and really need to get some distance so that you can get back on your feet.

Anna