Dr.G.
Dr.G., Psychologist
Experience:  Licensed Psychologist in the state of Minnesota
15682972

My wife and I got drunk with our friend and his wife. We ended

Customer Question

My wife and I got drunk with our friend and his wife. We ended up switching partners and having sex. There is no awkwardness between any of us, and we still very much love our wives, I just wanted to know if it is true that alcohol brings out the latent feelings that were there, and makes you act on them. As in, there was always some desire to act on those feelings buried in there somewhere.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Dr.G. replied 6 years ago.
Alcohol does not necessarily bring out latent feelings as if you are saying that unconsciously you had these feelings. But it does cloud judgment and inhibition to act on feelings which would make a person more likely to act impulsively and without regard to consequences. But to say that there has always been a feeling and the alcohol let you express it is probably a far fetch. Just my opinion.