Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Counselor
Experience:  PHD LPC

ive caught my husband in small lies, i trust him but dont

i've caught my husband in small lies, i trust him but dont understand why he would lie if he's doing nothing wrong?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Dr. Keane replied 6 years ago.

Lying becomes a habit for some people. They lie to avoid confrontation or to wiggle out of explaining something in detail. If your husband is lying and they are small lies he may just not want to deal with the explanation or he may lie to appear smarter, happier, more organized etc... fill in the blank.....than he is. If you trust him great, but if he is lying over something that would violate your trust then you need to get into marriage counseling to find out why he feels the need to lie to you. This could escalate as time goes on and he could begin lying about more important things.
Please click accept and leave feedback. Thanks.