Dr Rossi
Dr Rossi, Licensed Psychotherapist
Experience:  Certified Hypnotherapist, Author, 13+years of experience.
19260254

My live in boyfriend and I have been experiencing some relationship

My live in boyfriend and I have been experiencing some relationship difficulties. We are planning a move and there is a lot going on. We have four animals, 2 cats and 2 dogs, and he told me that if it came down to it, he would take the dogs as one can't be without the other. I think this is horribly unfair and i have a very hard time when he spurts out commands on them. I almost feel like im the aunt, and not their mother. And i dont know how to get out of this rut.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Dr Rossi replied 7 years ago.

Good Afternoon,

If you are plannig on separating, you may want to see who had adopted which pets and find a way to compromise about w whom the pets will end up. It is a very difficult spot to be in. Perhaps you can think of some pros and cons to present him with in regard to splitting the pets and also how that would affect you.

See if he would be willing to get some mediation so the two of you can at least be happier and more peaceful. Don't give up either.