Dr.G., Psychologist
Experience:  Licensed Psychologist in the state of Minnesota

We have been together for almost 2 1/2 years, i thought he

We have been together for almost 2 1/2 years, i thought he was my soulmate, we did everything together. But, this year, his son has gotten in a lot of trouble and had no consequences. He gets whatever he wants and runs the show. I am trying to teach my children to be accountable, responsible adults. He also ALWAYS runs to his mom when she wants him. Even when we/I plan something. She quilt trips him and he leaves no matter how I feel. He didn't even spend xmas at home with us, he went to mommys and stayed all day. I am at my wits end. I love him so very much and I believe he loves me. He just puts everything else first. He got an inheritance this past year, a big one, and now he is greedy and selfish and hateful....he used to be humble, loving, caring, etc. I'm tired of being second best to him and my girls being second best to his son. What do I do? Do I stay or do I move on?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Dr.G. replied 6 years ago.
What have you tried to help this situation?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I've asked him to go to counseling. He admits his son needs help but won't get him any. I have talked to him about how I feel. I have changed a lot and try not to let the small things bother me anymore. He won't even try to change things and makes it sound like me and my girls are always the ones in the wrong....
Expert:  Dr.G. replied 6 years ago.
Boy he really is putting you guys second in his life and he is not even acknowledging any of his wrongdoings. I say if you have made changes and have told him how you feel then you can hold your head up high for doing the right thing. If he is not willing to admit his wrongdoings and even bother to make changes to help out you and the girls then that tells me you are not a priority to him. If he won't go to counseling and he won't make changes then there is nothing left to do but show him you mean business and so move out. Until he gets his life figured out then you don't want to be a part of his life. He needs to break the ties with his mother and start to put you first in his life. He may need an extreme wake up call to let him know this is a serious problem. Maybe he should be the one kicked out for awhile until he figures things out. Good luck.