Anna
Anna, Social Worker
Experience:  29 years experience in addictions & mental health. I'll tell you my honest opinion.
20023641

I have been in a relationship with a nice man for two years.

Customer Question

I have been in a relationship with a nice man for two years. He is not perfect but I don't have may complaints except one. He is not show affection. Also he does not hold kiss or lovingly embrace me. However, he wants to be with me all the time. He calls me contstantly, If it is within his power there is nothing he won't do for me. He only make love from the back or the side so there is no intimacy. I love him but I am becoming very frustrated and quite frankly I am getting tired of not getting the love and intimacy I crave. Should I walk away from this relationship or just accept him for who he is. Please help?

Signed

Intimacy Craver
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Anna replied 6 years ago.

Hi Kreesey,

The first thing I notice in your post is that you're not blaming yourself for his behavior, and I'm glad for you in that. This has nothing to do with you. He has a problem that I imagine can be worked through in therapy. I suspect it has to do with the intensity of intimacy and that he can't handle it. I suggest you seek couples counseling to deal with this specific issue and then if it seems he can't work through it, I would support you in walking away. You clearly feel that you're not getting something very important to you in the relationship, and compromising over something this big won't work in the long run.

If you would, please fill out the feedback form after accepting. I appreciate this opportunity to help you out today. If I can be of further service to you, just put "for Anna" in the front of your new question, and I'll be the one to answer it.

Thanks!

Anna