Dr.G.
Dr.G., Psychologist
Experience:  Licensed Psychologist in the state of Minnesota
15682972

HI I AM A 45 YEAR OLD MARRIED WOMAN BIRTHDATE 01/16 MARRIED

HI I AM A 45 YEAR OLD MARRIED WOMAN BIRTHDATE 01/16 MARRIED TO A 38 YEAR SUPPOSE TO BE CHRISTIAN PREACHER MAN BIRTHDATE 01/29. THE PROBLEM IS HE IS VERY MOODY AND LATELY IS TRYING TO START UNNECESSARY FIGHTS WITH ME . I AM GETTING VERY DEPRESSED AND I WANTING TO GET OUT THE MARRIAGE, HE TEXT AND SECRETLY CALLS WOMAN ON THE PHONE. I HAVE CONFRONTED HIM SEVERAL TIMES, WE HAVE GONE TO CONSELING, AND HE GETS VERY DEFENSIVE. I DO NOT KNOW WHAT ELSE TO DO PLEASE HELP AND GIVE ME SOME ADVICE?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Dr.G. replied 6 years ago.
I am sorry for your situation. Not very ChristXXXXX XXXXXke if you ask me. So you have told him it bothers you and you need it to stop? And he still will not stop? Even counseling has not worked? I am sorry to tell you but I don't think this man cares much about you. If those strategies have not worked then you have no other choice but to leave unless he changes his behavior and can prove it to you. His defensiveness is a way to get you off of his back and avoid accepting responsibility for his actions. You need to stand your ground on this one and let him know that if this does not stop then you are going to leave. Without trust in the relationship you have no foundation. Good luck.