Anna, Social Worker
Experience:  29 years experience in addictions & mental health. I'll tell you my honest opinion.

I was dating a girl I met online for a few months. I ended

I was dating a girl I met online for a few months. I ended up ending it bc i was not seeing it go anywhere. I did like her friend but didn't think she was inter. A few months after, found out she was and we are recently dating. I really like her a lot!!!!! She says she like me too. She just feels very bad about everything though bc she doesn't want to hurt her best friend's feelings. Any ideas on the best way to tell the ex??? She has been trying to set her up on dates and things. But feels very bad that the ex doesn't know.

Hi Rang,

Is there any way that your new GF can act like she didn't know who you were? Like she could say that she's started talking to this guy...."didn't you used to know him?". Or another one..."I've been seeing this guy, and...OMG ....YOU dated him too!"

If the two of you are going to be dating, you're going to have to say something sooner or later, and it is better if you do it up front. You don't know what her reaction will be - there is no way to tell. You can just contact her and say, "I've got something a bit awkward to tell you, but I want you to know I've started seeing xxxxxx." It will make you seem mature, and then she might follow your lead.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Good idea, but I met the girl I like now through the ex. The ex and I use to visit her often. :0( I do agree about telling her up front. In fact, the new gf told me that she would be the one to tell the ex. I am just worried that she won't be able to do it and it will be the end to a very very good thing. (If you couldn't tell, I like her a lot). I have nothing against the ex. She just was not for me.

Hey Rang,

If you really like this one, then you've got to just man up and do it. Tell her together or separately, but take it in your hands and tell her. It will most likely win points for you from both of them. :)

If you would, please fill out the feedback form after accepting. I appreciate this opportunity to help you out today. If I can be of further service to you, just put "for Anna" in the front of your new question, and I'll be the one to answer it.