Anna, Social Worker
Experience:  29 years experience in addictions & mental health. I'll tell you my honest opinion.

Ive been divorced 3 yrs, dated a couple men, none more than

Ive been divorced 3 yrs, dated a couple men, none more than 4 months. I have been dating one man now for 10 mo. He's a wonderful person! Treats me better than anyone ever has, cares for my children ages 14, 16, and 20. The teens don't much like him. My problem is that I have absolutely no sexual desire with him. i avoid situation where we will be alone because I don't want to make him feel bad by saying no when he makes advances. Am i fooling myself by staying with him? I know sex isn't the most important thing but I domiss it. He just doesnt excite me in that way. He wants it, but says he will never leave me, even if I will never want that.

Hi xcuuusmee,

Sex is a large part of a romantic relationship. If you miss sex, but don't want sex with him, that means that you would have to subjugate a very large part of your loving expressiveness in this relationship. Not only do you have to avoid sex, but anything that hints towards it. I see that as trouble, and don't think it'll work out for you two.

If you were someone who knew she didn't want a sexual relationship, I'd say something different, but I hear you saying that you see this as odd. Its also odd that he wants sex but will accept no sex. I don't know how long those deals will last - for either of you.

Its time to take a really good look at this, and to talk to a couple friends who know you. Listen to what they say.

If you would, please fill out the feedback form after accepting. I appreciate this opportunity to help you out today. If I can be of further service to you, just put "for Anna" in the front of your new question, and I'll be the one to answer it.