Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Counselor
Experience:  PHD LPC
14832673

Hello, I was wandering if a chance to get the marriage back

Hello, I was wandering if a chance to get the marriage back together .If I believe that she put a man needs before. When I believe that I worked very hard to get us to the comfort level that we got to in less then two years. Two months after we got marriage she moved her 31 year old son with his wife and baby into house with excepted them to pay their way . When their frist come to me they said would pay 650.00 a month . Then when they move in they tell me that he can only a 100.00 a week . That next week he paid me a hundred dollars that thursday. That was the last time paid anything in the house. His mother took them to and from the subway so they could go to work , I help my wife gas money to before and forth to work. I got to the point felt they all was try to take advantage of me and my ablity to handle any thing take come in front of me. Nine weeks of no payment and less time with wife, because she sending more time with her .
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Dr. Keane replied 4 years ago.
Hi and welcome

I would suggest that you tell your wife what you are feeling and suggest the the two of you go to marriage counseling. You need to talk to her about making a plan for her son and his family to move out and you need to protect yourself. It sounds as though you may be being taken advantage of so you have to be more pro-active in demanding that the son pay you what you agreed upon.
CLICK ACCEPT and leave FEEDBACK when you are satisfied.
Dr. Keane, Counselor
Experience: PHD LPC
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I know the patient that I give the whole situation was that of a serious man . Be that I was a man got up everyday to make it better for may family. She know that when come to VA to work all I had was a bag a colths and my truck. 2yr late we are in a house and marriaged.
Expert:  Dr. Keane replied 4 years ago.
I still think that as hard as you have worked to make life better for you and your wife you need to set some limits on what you will do for your wife's son.
Find a marriage counselor and go talk, if she doesn't want to go with you go alone and get some help in this matter.
Dr. Keane, Counselor
Experience: PHD LPC