Anna
Anna, Social Worker
Experience:  29 years experience in addictions & mental health. I'll tell you my honest opinion.
20023641

Is it time to start over Ive been seeing just one woman

Customer Question

Is it time to start over?? I've been seeing just one woman for the past 10 months. She is always confrontational and wondering what is going on when I talk to my ex-wife. I have two daughters and she thinks the kids should carry their own bags; even if it takes more than one trip. She is also very jelous if I talk to anyone and always wondering what I'm doing. She seems more controlling and reasuring her does nothing. I can't live like this forever. I'd also like for her to stay for a few days at a time before moving in; and she states that she is too old for that and that I should know what I want. It isn't all about me and I do need to be sure my kids are ok with it all too. The last thing is we had a arguement the other day and she told me to f**k OFF. I'm sorry; I NEVER say things like that to people I love and cant have someone talking to my daughters that way.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Anna replied 4 years ago.

Hi Dave,

The woman you're dating has problems, and they sound like the kind that only get worse with time. There are a couple possibilities of what is wrong with her, but I'm going to give you a link on Borderline Personality Disorder and you can see if it fits. Walking On Eggshells is a great book, and that site has lots of good information on it that will be of use to you.

You're right to be concerned. Her outbursts and confrontational attitude are immature at best, XXXXX XXXXX controlling at worst. This isn't someone you want moving into a home with your daughters without a trial. It seems like the trial of dating hasn't really gone all that well in the first place. At 10 months, everyone should still be on their best behavior, and what if she is? Yikes!

If I were you, I'd be moving on from this relationship and into one that was more warm and loving on a consistent basis.

If you would, please fill out the feedback form after accepting. I appreciate this opportunity to help you out today. If I can be of further service to you, just put "for Anna" in the front of your new question, and I'll be the one to answer it.

Thanks!

Anna, Social Worker
Experience: 29 years experience in addictions & mental health. I'll tell you my honest opinion.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I do have another question?? Earlier in our relationship she had her girlfriends play a little game and txt me and flirt to pretend and see it I was interested in them; but I didn't play the game and told her I disliked what she did. A little later one of my friends was interested in one of her friends. I had her number from the night she was messing with me; so I gave it to my friend. When my (girlfriend) found out about it (I admitted that I kept her number to avoid the joking) she was furious and thought I was the one that was weird for keeping the number. What is up with this behavior??

Dave

Expert:  Anna replied 4 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.