Dr.G.
Dr.G., Psychologist
Experience:  Licensed Psychologist in the state of Minnesota
15682972

My boyfriend and I live together and we are having trouble

My boyfriend and I live together and we are having trouble communicating. When he is mad he doesnt talk, so I dont know what is wrong. Lately he has been spending more time on his phone talking to ex's instead of hanging out with me. What can I do to get him to open up more?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Dr.G. replied 6 years ago.
I think the best thing to do is to teach him how to treat you. When he gives you the silent treatment (like a child does) you are left guessing what is wrong. So I say you tell him to stop acting like a child and to use his words to let you know how he feels. Do not beg him to talk and do not harp on him. Simply say when you can talk like a big boy then come and talk to me otherwise go pout in another room. As far as the ex goes, totally unacceptable and you need to let him know this. If all else fails then you two can go to couples therapy to address the communication issue.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
ok thank you i will give it a shot! Thank you