Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Counselor
Experience:  PHD LPC
14832673

I just broke up with my bf two weeks ago because we had been

Customer Question

I just broke up with my bf two weeks ago because we had been having troubles in the relationship and fighting a lot about him not making enough effort for me. I found out that he kissed another girl at his birthday party when i had just left. they were both intoxicated. I only found this out a few days ago and i contacted him about him and he couldnt admit it. so we havent had contact for a week now. im trying to move on but i keep thinking about it..and what answers but theres no point because we arnt together. He is now rebound dating this girl i think...right after i broke up with him. He was my first love and this happened last year he came running back to me two months later.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Dr. Keane replied 4 years ago.
Hi and welcome

Intoxication causes people to do things they normally wouldn't do but if he is now dating her I would suggest you wait it out and see what happens. If you are not happy with him, maybe it was time for you to break up. You are young and will have plenty of opportunity down the road. Not to dismiss your feelings for him because you were his girlfriend . It's a bit immature to not talk to him unless he makes the effort, that's childish. If you feel you want to talk to him about this after awhile, you can. Right now you are both angry and he is using rebound as a way for him to feel better and possible to annoy you. Don't buy it. Be the mature one and settle it when you are ready. Time does help. Good luck.
Please click accept when you are satisfied and leave feedback so I can be credited for my response to you.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
thankyou that hepled so much. Yeah im not too sure if hes dating this girl but thats what i heard through the grapevine. Im not going to contact me untill he makes an effort to talk to me first and apologise about everything. At the moment he has a fathead. My friends say i shouldn;t take him back if he wants me back, but i still love him and attracted to him but i know he hasnt been treating me right. unless he learns his lesson about respecting me im not to sure..
Expert:  Dr. Keane replied 4 years ago.
Hi, good I am glad I was able to help you. I know it's a hard time to go through but you show respect to yourself first, then others (the ex) will respect you. If he deserves you back he'll show that but not by rebound dating. Good luck

Please click the green accept button. Thanks..
Dr. Keane, Counselor
Experience: PHD LPC
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Do you also think he will contact me again?
It has been 5days so far without any contact
Expert:  Dr. Keane replied 4 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.