Dr.G., Psychologist
Experience:  Licensed Psychologist in the state of Minnesota

My boyfriend and I have lived together for 2 years. I have

My boyfriend and I have lived together for 2 years. I have 2 children (5 & 14) Recently we have not been getting along very well, we both drink daily. My boyfriend asked me to move out, that we need to have a break, so we can figure things out and get our heads on straight, try and quit drinking so much, etc. And try and get us back to where we were in the begining. So I have put my stuff in storage and we are staying at a friends. I feel like he really does love me, I just don't understand the break, to me it means it is over and it is very confusing. He still calls me everyday. I really do love him. Do you think it can work?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Dr.G. replied 6 years ago.
I think it can work if you guys are working to make it work. It sounds that he is keeping in contact which is a good sign. My big question for you and him is what are you guys actually doing to make things better? Being apart does not make it better so that means you guys have to be trying to work things out. I recommend going to couple's counseling if you guys can't work it out on your own. From what you tell me I think both of you need to stop drinking and he identifies this as a problem also. You two need to sit down and talk about a plan to make it work.
Expert:  Dr.G. replied 6 years ago.
can you please hit the accept button.