Dr Rossi
Dr Rossi, Licensed Psychotherapist
Experience:  Certified Hypnotherapist, Author, 13+years of experience.

In April of this year I met a woman on a sexual partner site,

In April of this year I met a woman on a sexual partner site, she is thirty nine I am a fit fifty eight and recently discharged from the Army. We are both married and although life at home is bareable for both of us there is just nothing there with our partners.Our relationship sparked imediately over coffee. Over the past months we become inseperable spending every available moment together. Her children become very close to me, they are a boy 12 and a girl 11, even to the point of calling me dad. My lady and I planned on becoming a family with her children after we both seperated. I seperated in Nov and our relationship continued. While out shopping with her children her kids saw her touch me intimately when we thought nobody could see. That night the kids stated they didn't want to lose their dad. From that time on my life has been a nightmare, she has cut me off completly won't talk most of the time we both love each other but she has stated she won't compromise the kids happiness?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Dr Rossi replied 6 years ago.

Good Evening,

It sounds that she wants to keep her family and that there was a fling. It is not uncommon for individuals to believe that they will find something out of their family (after all when partners stay together for many years, the relationship can become stagnant) This does not necessarily imply that they don't love each other. Every relationship goes through different stages.

It is quite possible that she had found herself in this situation of seeking or hoping to find something out of her relationship.

You've mentioned that you separated from your ex but (did not mention if she did this as well from hers)

Either way, she may also have become scared of another commitment and used the kids statement if they ever made it as an excuse.