Dr Rossi
Dr Rossi, Licensed Psychotherapist
Experience:  Certified Hypnotherapist, Author, 13+years of experience.

My girlfriend and i both 24 have been dating for about 3 years.

Customer Question

My girlfriend and i both 24 have been dating for about 3 years. Recently we broke up because she felt that she lost the chemistry between us an doesn't think it will come back. It seems like i like her alot more than she does. However since then we still do the same things we use to. We have sex and we sleep over at each other places. However she believes that we can't be doing this because it will pretty much mean we're together but she wanted to break up. We both like and care for each other and don't want to lose each other, but it seems she doesn't want to fully commit to me now because she thinks shes young and that she needs to explore more. I also think another guy is distracting her from all her attention towards me. I'm stuck in a shaky situation. Should i keep staying with her and eventually try to get the spark back or just pack my bags and go.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Dr Rossi replied 6 years ago.

Good Evening,

When partners have been together for some time, they become complacent/used to each other (which is not necessarily a bad thing) To some this is comforting, to others (like in her case it seems that she may be still expecting the sparks initially felt when people start dating) The two of you had also gotten together when you were young and perhaps she is wanting to explore other options of what you had mentioned there is a possibility of another guy.

No matter what you decide to do (stay or go) she will make her decision most likely independently of your actions. You may get hurt if you stay.