Anna
Anna, Social Worker
Experience:  29 years experience in addictions & mental health. I'll tell you my honest opinion.
20023641

I am in marriage number three and it was ok for the first year

I am in marriage number three and it was ok for the first year now sex is only when i initiate it and do all of the work.He was married before and his first wife didn't want children.His marriage ended after 12 years and when i met him I had four kids the youngest was 6 months old.Besides the lack of intimacy and his laziness(he hasn't got out of his pj's for 2 days)all he has done is eat when i make food and watch tv,he is a bully to my youngest son he shouts at him calls him names and is nasty.I am not sure how to deal with it as when i stick up for my son and tell him to stop he is yelling at me.He has said a few times he should just leave.Do I talk it out and give him an ultimatum ? I am not happy but I do love him.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Anna replied 6 years ago.

I boss,

It sounds to me like he might be suffering from clinical depression, which is easily helped with medication. People with depression get cranky, short tempered, lose their sex drive, and lose any kind of initiation. If you make an ultimatum, I would have it be that he goes to the doctor for an evaluation and treatment plan.

You can't go on like this - it sounds like he's deteriorating and isn't much of a partner. Implore him to seek help, but let him know you're done with his current behavior.

If you would, please fill out the feedback form after accepting. I appreciate this opportunity to help you out today. If I can be of further service to you, just put "for Anna" in the front of your new question, and I'll be the one to answer it.

Thanks!

Anna