Dr Rossi
Dr Rossi, Licensed Psychotherapist
Experience:  Certified Hypnotherapist, Author, 13+years of experience.
19260254

I cheated on my bofriend 3 months ago and every single day

Customer Question

I cheated on my bofriend 3 months ago and every single day he gets up set with me over it! DOES I love him and he dosnt want to separate.. whats wrong?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Dr Rossi replied 7 years ago.

Good Morning,

He may know that you have feelings for him and yet he also remembers that despite those feelings he had been betrayed in the past. It is a trust issue on his part now and it is possible that he is trying to get reassurance from you 1) that it wont happen again and 2) that you truly love him as you say you do.

Men can be as sensitive about infidelity as much as women. It wounds their manhood.

If you want to make the relationship work- go for it. If not, let him know. The sooner things are dealt with either way the better.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

but what can I do to make our relationship better?

Expert:  Dr Rossi replied 7 years ago.
1) ensure that you're faithful, 2) try to earn his trust back - give him attention, be honest about everything, 3) if he wants to do couple's counseling give it a chance.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
we have been together for 5 years I made one mistake. even before that he treated me like he couldnt trust me it sucks because I feel like Im trying to make things work but hes just fighting me the whole way
Expert:  Dr Rossi replied 7 years ago.

If he had shown mistrust even prior to your mistake that is something he will need to work on- his security issues and self esteem. There is so much you can do- the rest is up to him.

If satisfied w all of the feedback please accept so I can receive partial credit for my work. Thank you.