Dr Rossi
Dr Rossi, Licensed Psychotherapist
Experience:  Certified Hypnotherapist, Author, 13+years of experience.

I have been in a relationship with my partner for a little

I have been in a relationship with my partner for a little over 2 years, and in that 2 years he has cheated on me over 2 times with his ex. Even though he has cheated on me with his ex, him and his ex is still friends. His ex is always trying to pay his cell phone bill or give him money and things like that. We are still together and I love him to death, but my question is this: Is my partner still in love with his ex?

The reason why I ask is because when I ask him about why he cheated on me with his ex, all he can say is it just happened. When I gave him a altimatum and made him choose between me or his ex, he chose me but they still talking and hanging out. It's like he can't stop talking to his ex, not even for me. I would love your opinion on this. Am I doing something wrong? Do I need to let this relationship go?

Good Afternoon,

you are not doing anything wrong and you have not done anything wrong. He has decided to cheat (people cheat even when love is not an issue) It sounds like he wants best of both worlds- being with you and being with his ex intimately. That is not a healthy relationship (it is a love triangle) When someone loves another they do not hurt them nor do they betray their trust.

If you find yourself being more unhappy and having to always wonder what he's going to be up to next, it may be a time to sort out your priorities.

You do not want to be the third wheel and what he and his ex are doing does not seem healthy nor appropriate for your relationship.

Him halting the interaction/talking to his, ex is not an issue of not being able to but of his unwillingness level.