Anna, Social Worker
Experience:  29 years experience in addictions & mental health. I'll tell you my honest opinion.

Should I propose to my boyfriend tonight We have no been

Customer Question

Should I propose to my boyfriend tonight? We have no been together very long, but I know that he is the one for me.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Anna replied 6 years ago.

Why don't you wait till New Year's Eve and make it very special for the both of you.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Basically this is the situation.......I met this guy about 2 years ago. We were living in different states, so we communicated via email, text, im, phone, etc. About 6 months ago I finally made the trip to see him. I saw him twice, then relocated to basically be with him. I am staying with him until I can find a place of my own. I have NEVER felt this strongly about anyone ever. He suggests the same and tells me that I "compliment him" when we are together and that he is madly in love with me. I have only phyically been with him now for about a month or so, and I love living with him. Honesly, I don't want to leave. He is VERY Italian and I am not sure if me proposing is the right move, but I want to marry him and I don't want to wait. I am so torn whether I should ask him or not! If I do and he says no, then I am afraid I might scare him off or it might change the relationship. I just need some sound advice if I should or I shouldn't ask him to marry me. I don't want to lose him because to me he is perfect. I am so in love with him I am blinded to the world about anything else. What should I do? How do I go foward with this relationship? Please help!
Expert:  Anna replied 6 years ago.

Hey Bella,

Sure you should go forward, and if you guys are that happy and close, a proposal won't ruin anything. Perhaps you don't have to be so formal. Do the midnight kiss on new year's eve and say something like, "I want to repeat this night for the rest of my life" " I want you now and forever."

Enjoy yourself and the love you've found. Celebrate your happiness. Have fun! Go for it and trust him. You did well to let the relationship evolve, and this can be the next step. Don't think he hasn't thought the same thing.

If you would, please fill out the feedback form after accepting. I appreciate this opportunity to help you out today. If I can be of further service to you, just put "for Anna" in the front of your new question, and I'll be the one to answer it.