Anna
Anna, Social Worker
Experience:  29 years experience in addictions & mental health. I'll tell you my honest opinion.
20023641

Anna, a follow up question related to my last....I saw some

Anna, a follow up question related to my last....I saw some pictures of her yesterday at an event a few months ago where I was not there...I am glad that I was not there because her dress revealed too much of her breasts...should I refer to that or just wait until it happens again(hopefully it will not)? Thanks for your answer.

Hey name,

It might be a good idea to use that as an example ..in just the way you mention. I would definitely tell her beforehand of your preferences and how you'll respond in the future - that you won't accompany her. This gives her the control over her clothes....and the consequences. We all have levels of comfortability with how our close friends dress (or our teenagers!) You can respect her choice and yours at the same time when you communicate your boundaries, and a good attitude goes a long way in something like this.

As a funny aside, I treat quite a few sex addicts in my practice, and the women often call this "serving their breasts up on a platter".. like a hostess walking into a room with a tray full of food and a big smile on her face. They find this hilariously obvious in hind sight.

Anna

Edited by Anna on 12/26/2009 at 1:38 PM EST